The GP Synergy Cultural Mentors Advisory Group (CMAG) is a representative group of NSW and ACT Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) cultural mentors. The six members of the CMAG consist of two representatives from GP Synergy’s Western NSW, North Eastern NSW and Lower Eastern NSW training regions.
The CMAG first met in September 2018 to oversee the development of a two-day Cultural Mentor Network workshop that incorporated cultural components relevant to GP Synergy’s GP training program, and the provision of healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a culturally safe way.
The CMAG works towards:
- providing advice and support to GP Synergy on resource development relating to cultural mentors and GP registrars
- taking a lead role in the development of the GP Synergy annual Cultural Mentor Network workshop by:
- providing advice and engagement strategies to increase the number of cultural mentors
- developing program content and delivery in consultation with ACCHSs in their region
- participating in workshop preparation, facilitation and evaluation (pre- and post-workshop) for continuous quality improvement.
For more information about GP Synergy’s CMAG or Cultural Mentors Network please contact the GP Synergy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Education Unit on 1300 477 963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.