Staff from the GP Synergy Cultural Education Unit were excited to attend the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Educators, Cultural Mentors and Medical Educators Network Workshop in Adelaide 10-11 September 2018.
Highlights included a Welcome to Country and cultural guided tour of Adelaide Botanic Gardens by host Jack Buckskin (who also delivered the Welcome to Country at GPTEC 2018).
Guest speakers included:
- Mr Mick Gooda, former Social Justice Commissioner and Commissioner into the Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children in the Northern Territory
- Dr Kali Hayward, President of the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA)
- Dr Olivia O’Donoghue, Director AIDA – who ran a workshop on writing an abstract and structuring a paper to present at a conference
- Prof Peter O’Mara and Michelle Gonsalvez, RACGP
- Ms Lynn Saul, ACRRM
- Ms Emma Phelan, Director GP Training Program and Systems, Department of Health.
Thanks to the meeting organisers for an informative and enjoyable workshop!