The National Cultural Educators and Cultural Mentors Network was established to bring together Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff of Regional Training Organisations (RTOs) who deliver cultural education or mentor GP registrars during their training
The network provides a national forum for cultural educators and cultural mentors that will:
- build their capacity and acknowledge their cultural and professional needs
- provide networking opportunities
- support their aspirations
- enable them to deliver culturally appropriate training which meets the needs of both RACGP and ACRRM
- provide advocacy and support.
The network also provides advice to the RTO Network Forum and then individually to their own RTOs on issues which affect them.
The network has a core management committee who are involved in the planning, representation and organisation of bi-annual conferences. Currently there are six members of the core committee that represent NSW/ACT, Qld, Vic, SA, WA and Tas.
For more information about the National Cultural Educators and Cultural Mentors Network please contact the GP Synergy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Education Unit on 1300 477 963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.