The NSW and ACT Practice Managers Advisory Group (PMAG) is convened by GP Synergy, in collaboration with the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW, as a means of bringing together practice managers working in Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs).
The PMAG meet to design, develop and implement the priorities of the GP Synergy Aboriginal Health Strategic Plan 2016-18 that support GP registrar training in ACCHSs from a service level perspective.
The group work together to inform GP Synergy’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Committee on strategies to improve recruitment and retention of GP registrars; educational support needs of ACCHSs and GP registrars; and act as a peer support network for capacity building within the membership of the PMAG.
The 2017/2018 membership of the PMAG is:
- Orange Aboriginal Medical Service
- Walhallow Aboriginal Health Corporation
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Service
- South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation
- Pius X Aboriginal Corporation
- Tharawal Aboriginal Corporation Aboriginal Medical Service
- Katungul Aboriginal Corporation
The PMAG is supported by the GP Synergy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Education Unit and the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW.