The NSW and ACT Practice Managers Advisory Group (PMAG) is convened by GP Synergy, in collaboration with the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW, as a means of bringing together practice managers working in Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs).
The PMAG meet to design, develop and implement the priorities of the GP Synergy Aboriginal Health Strategic Plan 2016-18 that support GP registrar training in ACCHSs from a service level perspective.
The group work together to inform GP Synergy’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Committee on strategies to improve recruitment and retention of GP registrars; educational support needs of ACCHSs and GP registrars; and act as a peer support network for capacity building within the membership of the PMAG.
The 2019-2021 membership of the PMAG is:
- Rekindling the Spirit Health Service | North Eastern NSW
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Service | North Eastern NSW
- Dubbo Aboriginal Medical Service | Western NSW
- Riverina Medical and Dental Aboriginal Corporation | Western NSW region
- Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services | Lower Eastern NSW
- Vacant appointment | Lower Eastern NSW.
The PMAG is supported by the GP Synergy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Education Unit and the Aboriginal Health and Medical Research Council of NSW.